6.04.2010

Jumpsuit Jealousy.

I wish I was a little bit taller.

..... "I wish I was a baller" ?     Said it, didn't you?

If not, you have no idea who Skee-lo or Too Short are and you definitely didn't grow up in the early 90's. (and it's safe to say you are thoroughly confused right now)

There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy fashion drooling. At least for me. Too much can be toxic, and I definitely know people that live a toxic life because of it, but for me, it gives me something to strive for- a bit of a driving force.

Ahh.....Manolos. Some day...

In this life, I can never be taller, not even a little bit. BUT I can invest in killer wedges, stilettos, d'Orsays, what have you. In fact, I use this as my stake to claim of the coveted growing collection in my closet. Err..our closet. The hub gets a tiny space on the left, while I brought in backup shoe throne's for the lovely ladies to sit. And no, they aren't those plastic ones you put together where the shoes are set up one by one. They are a pair, and they sit together.

I'm really getting off track. Which brings me to them:



I know. No one really looks like that.

But really, I thought the jumpsuit romper thing was a bit juvenile when first introduced, and frankly, I don't need help looking any younger than I already do. But I think if you can pull it off like these ladies, it's a crime not to rock it. I can't. And I know that. And nothing irks me more than when people outfit themselves head to toe in trends to fit the mold. This goes for fashion, food, family, and further. We are all different, and what looks good one may be a hot mess on another. Next time you're buying, make sure you're buying what's best for you, because you say so.....not because the runways do.

Here, Marie Claire shares some good summer looks across the board so you're not caught in a baby doll flowered appliqué mini dress, jeggings (yes, jean leggings- I know), paired with laced up gladiator sandals, 20 bangles on each arm, a collar necklace, and some sweet school girl readers (think Lisa Loeb).

Wouldn't that be a sight.

Oh, and here's a few of my bookmarked Sunday fashion musings to share: (last one's a killer)
Omiru

frugal fashionista

fashion hippo

gofugyourself

Happy summer shopping, romper readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment