6.09.2010

Bare wall syndrome. Cure: canvas, tape, paint & a beret.



So let me first make something clear. I am not an artist. Not even a little. Awhile back when I discovered ETSY, I was on cloud nine. It fit my mold perfectly of believing I can make anything. Well, some failed projects later, I know I can make anything....in my head.

With that being said, I find myself in the same place as many newlyweds, (or new home owners for that matter). We get married, buy a house (or reverse order), stack it full of stolen furniture from our parents, get a dog, have kids, yada, yada, yada.... (Seinfeld fans, where ya at?). If you're anything like me, your newlywed brain wants an original Vettriano big enough to cover your newly bare wall. Blank walls make me itch. And I like to have all my ducks in a row before I can really breathe in a new place. Well, Mr. I won't buy a pepper for $3.99 married Mrs. I think I can make anything. So what did I do? I cleaned my brushes and hand-painted a Vettriano replica, better than his I might add.

Of course not!

Gosh. But I did come up with something that was easy and filled our wall...for now. I'll share.

I got these:  (the canvas, not a painter's easel.)


  I used 1in. tape, but really, do what you want. 
Next step is a bit complicated:



Ready? Start taping away on your blank canvas. Yes, literally start at one end and tape in big lines, small lines, whatever. And don't forget to wear a beret during this process. It will help.
Then, pick some colors that go with your house. Or that don't go with your house. Really, you can do anything. I just snagged a few of these little soldiers:
Paint, paint, paint. No rhyme or reason. Then Peel your tape and poof! There you have it.






ok, so it's not a Monet, but it does give us a punch of color on a giant, previously bare wall and I'm sure if you're more talented, yours will be better. 


Inexpensive, easy, a cure for the common blank wall and you get to feel like an artist.....(because you're wearing a beret, obviously). 


Get Painting, Picasso's! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment