8.04.2010

If the Hat Fits.


Do you look good in hats? You either do or you don't, right?  I love hats. What a great, yet simple accessory. So many of us are afraid of looking silly. I don't think anyone can look bad in that adorable find from Anthropologie, but perhaps we just haven't found the right fit....yet.

I think most of us have an energy that needs to be harnessed. When I worked a regular job- and I say regular depicting a predictable, in office, 9-5, structured, cubicle, type job- I was underwhelmed, and underworked to say the least. My "regular" job did not fulfill my creative energy, in fact, it put a cap on it.

This year has been a bit different. I threw the 9-5er to the curb and began doing things I love. All those creative outlets began to open doors. The truth is, this year, I will be wearing many hats and I'm just as intoxicated with each and every one of them. And perhaps looking a bit silly at times got me there. No one should go through life doing anything other than what they love. This changes everything. And change is  good  great. Period.


We should be inspired every day. And if you're not, maybe it's time to look a bit silly in a giant sombrero. (Kidding-find something flattering please.)  All the pieces will fall into place and we realize all that really matters is having people we love and somewhere to hang your hat. And if you've already found this, a pat on that back, and well,

Hats off to you. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment