7.28.2010

You, Me, & D.C.


My hubby has never seen D.C.
So, off we went, just him & me. 
At 103, we melted in the heat,
but, I was so happy to see my friend Julia, Bon Appetit!

Seeing her kitchen made me feel like I was going to starve,
Where was my husband? Outside talking to a stranger about Brett Favre.

I was in awe of her display of history, my husband, not so much.
So we decided to treat ourselves to some refreshing lunch.

Her kitchen was by far my favorite exhibit,
but this little green guy was pretty cute too, ribbit!

Then we marched on to see the Constitution and Declaration,
but the child in David was more excited about the old train station.

An afternoon of more history, museums, and some very famous bling,
How would you like to have the legendary Hope Diamond on a ring?

After a balmy day in the heat, we were spent.
One last stop to see the Washington Monument.

We strolled back talking about how nice it was, just us,
and suddenly this passed : a love bus :o)

A hip little dinner at Birch and Barley then bed
Resting up for a trip to the Baltimore Harbor for the day ahead!

The harbor was so hot we thought we'd die,
we decided to give the aquarium a try.

Fish, jellies, and a dolphin show,
I didn't want to see this happy guy go!

But the crowd and screaming kids were taking their toll,
Lesson: the aquarium on a Saturday is the best birth control.

A day at the Harbor was beautiful as can be,
so back we headed for some dining in D.C.

The next day we were headed home happy but tired
one last stop in Georgetown at Baked & Wired

I find myself to be a bit of a snob with this type of confection,
but I must say, these cupcakes were sweet perfection.


It seemed this trip ended as fast as it began 
Home happy of course, we missed the kitties and this little man ;o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment