6.09.2009

Desire, Inspire

I find myself falling victim to todays blogging, networking, technology epidemic. We are in a craze of sharing our photos, stories, status updates and thoughts to anyone who will listen. Though sometimes I find it silly how much time is spent on all of the above, I am still inspired by the impact. Hours upon hours are spent surfing other peoples lives while ours may be passing us by as fast as we can say tweet. I created this blog not to feed the hungry networkers, but to inspire myself. It is not just the one idol, the few talented dancers, or the lottery winners that are making something out of nothing today. This often vain bloggers world, has given rise to success of the occasional hobbier turned entrepreneur overnight. The "she's a good baker" and "she's so creative" masses are able to be turned into movers and shakers with on the house exposure due to todays indulgent lifestyle. "Opportunity is everywhere." How often have we heard that? Opportunity IS everywhere, and right beside it is inspiration. How often do you find yourself saying, "I could have made that" or "I wish I thought of that."  Fear mixed with a dollop of laziness is the perfect recipe for spoiled creativity. We rather be miserable in a dead end job, than act on an inspiring suggestion. Change puts a bad taste in our mouth and seems to cause more harm than good. The difference is embracing that slightly uncomfortable feeling you get when you think of changing your routine. Behind every decision, we all desire the outcome to be something that makes us happy. I am inspired to let my creative bug fly and hope that my desire can buffer the fear. Of course, I am young and possibly a little irrational, but the better half of me will make sure I keep my feet on the ground... at least long enough to make him dinner. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love it! Such a way with words you have. :)

Post a Comment